Celebrating 15 years of manufacturing quality paint
Midek Paint was started in 1998 by Johan Botha, he was joined by his nephew Werner and a little later Danie and together they built a formidable paint business known as Paint Options in Rabie Street.
The retail outlet has recently undergone a major revamp and with it, also a new name, and will be trading as Midek Paint Direct. The change is in line with their new strategy of opening more retail outlets and the launch of the Midek Paint Contractors Franchise.
Claus Kuhl having been in franchising for over 20 years has joined Midek Paint and will be heading up the Franchise side of the business.
He states that among the reasons for starting the new Contractors side of the business are:
- To support small business development. "Franchising is a great way of building successful small business, which creates independence and job opportunities."
- Paint application training is to be provided by the S A Paint Manufacturing Association, which will lead to a formal SETA recognized qualification
- To ensure that contractors that use Midek paint are qualified in painting which protects the Midek brand.
- To improve the quality of painting within the industry
- To increase Midek Paint sales by providing professional customer service Deryck Spence, executive director of SAPMA, says it is gratifying to note that SAPMA training will play such an impotent role in Midek's commendable future plans. "Iniatives such as these are essential to raise the status of our contracting industry in South Africa and we are ready to provide the full spectrum of training required by Midek", he states.