- Use a shavehook in conjunction with a heat gun or chemical stripper to remove old layers of paint. Use wire wool with a chemical stripper for detailed areas to avoid any damage.
- Once the old paint is removed, fill any cracks with an appropriate wood filler and sand down the wood to provide a key for painting
- Clean off any dust with a damp cloth.
- If required mask off areas where paint is not wanted.
- Use a brush or mini roller to apply gloss paint onto woodwork and this will provide a smooth and even finish.
Want more pro tips?
Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of this page!